Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bones

I love quotes! I love them! There is always a quote handy for whatever you may need in life. I got one today while I was working. It was by Reba (LOVE her too!) It said that in life you need a backbone, a wishbone and a funny bone.
I just loved that quote..and how true. Especially the funny bone. Sometimes I have to laugh to keep from crying. I will share a very funny story about this example. It may be long...just stay with me.
I was having an ordinary Thursday..the week after Christmas. I was leaving work for my 30 minute lunch break. I went to Sonic. I ordered french fries & popcorn chicken with a coke. (yum) Well I decided to drive back to work and eat in the parking lot. My bag is secure in my passenger seat. Then...all of the sudden while turning into the bank...yep...my lunch spilled all over the entire front passenger floor. :( Ok...no biggie..right? I can eat off the floor. (Hey for $7..you bet I am!) Well in the process of leaning over, my coke spills on my leg and soaks it. Then I realize I can't eat the food off the floor because I discovered why my car has been acting funny...There is antifreeze in that very same floor that my food is on! Ok..so no food...wet and sticky with coke AND I have a major car problem. I can't even turn on the heat to get warm..my car will overheat!
Lovely.
Oh it doesn't stop there....nope! Keep reading!
So that night Billy decides that he is taking me to get something to eat. (I am starving at this point) I am all for it...as long as it isn't Sonic. We drive and we drive trying to make up our minds. Oh, I know a place...Oh...its closed...Ok what about...oh..they are closed too??? It is 5:30 Thursday night! What are these people doing!??! Ok...Ok...I know another place....lets go...CLOSED??!?!?!!?!?!?!!? WHAT!?!? Ok I am hungry, Billy needs to get ready for work...we are by Sonic...Ok..lets go. :(
Nope...not over...(almost)
Ok...I know what I want. I really need that Country Fried Steak Toaster! Yes! Perfect!
Sonic: Ma'am, I'm sorry but we are out of steak tonight.
..................................................................................................................fine.
So this is when my funny bone kicked in. I had to laugh....Thank goodness I had Billy. He kept me laughing instead of crying!
So please...take this story in...remember it! Laugh at yourself and ...hey..while you are at it..go ahead...laugh at my story! You know you want to! I think I just will have another laugh ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment