Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Reflection/Change

I had to make a difficult decision this morning. It has been a long time coming. I knew that it had to be made. I guess I kept putting it off and so today I was forced to finally do what I needed to do.
There is a quote. I don't know who said it but to paraphrase - As humans we tend to try and try again until we get the desired results. I realized I had been doing this for years..my whole life! I finally decided that no matter what I would like to happen, the end result is not my decision. So I decided that I would quit trying to gain approval that will most likely never happen. I can't describe to you what peace I feel today. I left it all in the Lord's hands. Events will unfold as they should.
I am a person that does not like unnecessary drama. I am happy. I live a simple life and thank God for everyday blessings. I am thankful for my new change. It still hurts to know that this change involved cutting some people out of my life. I know it was for the better and I will be a better, happier person. I will now be able to focus on those that matter in my life. The ones that truly love me no matter what. The ones that have never made me choose.
That being said... I challenge everyone that reads this to remember yourself. Ask yourself "Am I happy?" Always stop and think about those in your life. "Who has always been there?" Then please go and say Thank You to these people before it is too late. I know that is my next step :)

No comments:

Post a Comment